Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Battle of the Books, Round 2

Last night was the second round of Battle of the Books.  This one was for grades 4-8, and here are the books they read:


The Pushcart War by Jean Merrill
Eric Liddell by Ellen Caughey
Winnie the Pooh by AA Milne
Wanted....Mud Blossom by Betsy Byars
Ramona and Her Mother by Beverly Cleary
Exploring the Titanic by Robert Ballard
Boston Jane: An Adventure by Jennifer Holm
Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes


The battle was a lot of fun, and everything went pretty well.  This was in great contrast to the awful dream I had the night before...where everything that could go wrong, did.


The room set-up was all wrong
There were some men who just would NOT stop talking
Jordan was there, for some reason, and he was really rude to me, twice
The microphones didn't work
The podium wasn't where I had put it and I was trying to move it but it was really heavy
For some reason, we were outside instead of in the church, and the weather wasn't very good


One positive thing happened though: in the dream, I asked the kids to introduce themselves by giving their name and saying which of the 8 books they liked best.  I decided that was a great idea, and I did actually have the kids do that.  It was interesting for me to hear which ones they chose.


I don't know if any of the kids will come again next year, but I've already started working on my book lists, so I hope they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home, sweet home

Home, sweet home